Some days, you just need a chewy cookie.
This cookie recipe is full of good things – peanut butter, brown sugar, white chocolate chips, and m&ms. It would be hard to make a bad cookie with this cast and crew. So I take no credit when I say these are the yummiest cookies I’ve ever made. For reals. Yummiest.
The brown sugar and the peanut butter keep the cookies nice and chewy. Let me tell you, there is nothing I despise more than crispy cookies. Besides Jon Bon Jovi. I really can’t stand that guy.
If you’re more of a chocolate chip fan, you might want to add more to the recipe. I appreciate a non-chocolate bite every now and then, but some people prefer loaded cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (I have this thing, it’s awesome for measuring peanut butter)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate m&ms
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Using an electric mixer, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
6. Add the chocolate chips and m&ms and stir thoroughly.
7. Use a spoon to ball the cookie dough. Drop the balls on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Side note: If you’re thinking of beach season, bring these to work to share with your chubby friends. Because if you leave them in the house, you will eat all of them. Not like I’m speaking from experience.
But I am.